Lyfestyle Child Theme problems

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Lyfestyle Child Theme problems

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kkh1212

I recently updated to wordpress 3.8.1 I am running the Genesis Lifestyle Child Theme. I am having several problems:

1. I am receiving the following warnings:

Warning: preg_grep() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/npawst5/public_html/www.livebaitrestaurant.com/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/admin/editor.php on line 39

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/npawst5/public_html/www.livebaitrestaurant.com/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/admin/editor.php on line 39

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/npawst5/public_html/www.livebaitrestaurant.com/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/admin/editor.php on line 40

Warning: preg_grep() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/npawst5/public_html/www.livebaitrestaurant.com/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/admin/editor.php on line 40

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/npawst5/public_html/www.livebaitrestaurant.com/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/admin/editor.php on line 40

2. I cannot find or edit my footer.

3. I cannot find or edit my header.

4. There are two theme updates, when I click on them, the front page of my website pops up and the updates have not been updated.

I am very new to wordpress much less studiopress so, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Also, I tried to change the theme and lost the website all together. I got it back by having my host restore it.

http://www.livebaitrestaurant.com/

nutsandbolts

The header and footer in Genesis themes are generally edited via PHP (though the header is usually accessible in Appearance > Header). You can install the Genesis Custom Footer plugin to change your footer from the Genesis Theme Settings page, though it won’t work if there’s already a PHP function in place to change the footer text.

The theme update issue is likely caused by a plugin. Try deactivating all your plugins and the update should apply properly.

If one of the theme updates is for Genesis, that may solve the problem with the errors you’re seeing.

Hope that helps! Let me know if any of the above works. If not I’d be glad to take another look.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  nutsandbolts.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  nutsandbolts.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.