Magazine Pro – blog feed thumbnail change image size

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Magazine Pro – blog feed thumbnail change image size

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ilkweb 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ilkweb

Hello

I am using the Magazine Pro theme and want to change the size of the thumbnail images that are displayed in the blog feed from the standard 150 X 150 to a 750 X 300 image which will be displayed above the post excerpt.

I have added support for the 750 X 300 image in functions.php and I am able to upload these images fine. I have not however managed to add support in the native WP media uploader under the media settings.

I have created a screenshot of what I have at present and what I would like to achieve:

StudioPress Magazine Pro blog feed thumbnail change image size

If anyone can help with this I will be very, very grateful. It will satisfy my curiosity!

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Have you tried this – https://wordpress.org/plugins/featured-image-in-rss-feed/

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

ilkweb

Thanks for the suggestion Davinder. I have to say I am against using free plugins unless it has support. If I can find another way to achieve the desired results I would rather take the non-plugin route.

I’ll consider the plugin if that is the only solution. The security issues with WordPress are what concern me and free plugins that get few updates/support are a prime culprit for helping hackers have their way with a WP installation.

ilkweb

I want to add support for a 700 X 300 image here in the WP media uploader, but all the online tutorials are referring to native WP installations, not StudioPress themes. I’ve looked in functions.php in the Magazine Pro theme folder and I’m really unsure of how to add this functionality

WP Media Uploader

ilkweb

I have contacted StudioPress support regarding this but they tell me it is a custom code issue and they cannot help me. Al I am really wanting to find out is how to add my desired image dimension as a new image to the media uploader shown in the post above.. 700 X 300… is this possible to do?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.