Magazine Theme: Adding Lexicon Featured Widget

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Magazine Theme: Adding Lexicon Featured Widget

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PresterJohn 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

smoniz
    Participant

Switched from Lexicon to the Magazine theme earlier this month.   So far, the only thing I’m not a fan of would be the Genesis Featured Slider.   On average, I’ve noticed it takes 4-5 seconds for it to load up.    When I ran Lexicon, that slider loaded pretty much instantly.

I was thinking of potentially using the Lexicon slider, but don’t have a clue where to start.   If someone has another suggestion of another slider, or a fix to get the Genesis Featured Slider to load faster, i’m all ears.    I currently use  WP-Widget Cache as well as WP Super Cache.

Thanks!

CathyT
    Participant

What is the site url?

smoniz
    Participant

Knew I forgot to include something lol

Site URL

http://www.wrestlingnewsarena.com

CathyT
    Participant

Sucuri.net says your site is clean but I notice a lot of extra js tags in the header. Yet tools.pingdom.com says your site is loading in under 3 seconds. But it does take FOREVER for that slider to load. If you deactivate some of the plugins, does the load time get better?

CathyT
    Participant

Oh – and deactivate all cache when testing to be sure that isn’t the problem.

smoniz
    Participant

Deactivated 8 plugins, and also deactivated the two cache programs (WP-Super Cache & WP Widget Cache).    No difference.

For me, it takes about ~4-5 seconds to load the slider

CathyT
    Participant

I use that plugin all the time. THe only other thing I can suggest, is removing the slider from the widget area and hard-coding it into the home template. But that will require some editing of the home template. Is this a live site? If so, you’ll need to use FTP. Are you familiar with that?

CathyT
    Participant

Plus I would deactivate more plugins, you have some ads that might be conflicting. Check your head code (under Genesis theme settings).  Sorry I can’t be more help. Have you submitted an email ticket through my.studiopress.com?

smoniz
    Participant

ah ok.   Will try that later today.

As for the ticket not yet, first time I did, they sent me here haha.

Thanks

PresterJohn
    Participant

So, exactly HOW does one go about ‘adding’ Lexicon Featured Widget?

It is exactly what I want to use, but I cannot find it. I do use it on this website:

http://goodguyswearblack.org/

but it is not mobile responsive, and that means I will have to change it soon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.