Magazine Theme, RSS Top Right

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Magazine Theme, RSS Top Right

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kent 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kent
    Participant

In the demo version of the Magazine Theme, there’s RSS feed icons at the very top right of the header.

I can’t ….

a. figure out where/how you get those to appear

b. figure out how I could change the text and get rid of the icon. I’m building 2 sites  - one english and one french, and this would be the perfect spot to toggle between the two.

I see through my browser inspector that there’s a css style for these, but I can’t get my head around how to edit them.

I don’t have a site URL yet – I’m still in the mock up phase and wanted to know if it was possible at all to edit this area.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

-Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

Dorian Speed
    Participant

So, okay – you don’t actually want the RSS feed icon there, correct? You’re asking how to put a menu item in that position, and how to style said item?

Just in case you DO want the RSS feed icon, that feature is in Genesis > Theme Settings, under “Primary Navigation Extras.”

If, instead, you want to add custom text like “Switch to French version,” you can add custom links via Appearance > Menus >Custom Links. You can add a css class to that particular link that will then allow you to style it. In the upper right-hand corner, click “Screen Options” and make sure “CSS classes” is checked. Then, when you add the item to the menu, you can give it whatever CSS class you want and add code to your style.css file.

Bringing websites Up to Speed
    Firebug will light the way to understanding the secrets of the Internet!

Kent
    Participant

Dorian,

Yep – I don’t want the feed icon for this particular job, but did want to understand how it works for future reference. Thanks for this!

-Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.