Major Issues Uploading JPG Graphic (WP)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Major Issues Uploading JPG Graphic (WP)

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mountash 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mountash
    Participant

I am working with a client that has their own server. I just did a clean upload of  Version 3.4.2, and am having issues uploading photos. There were originally issues with permissions, but that has been straighten out…  Now this.  I’m not sure if the issue is with the server or WP.

Here is the error messages I’m getting:
    Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: No JPEG support in this PHP build in /www/docs/rdfarms/wp-includes/media.php on line 258

Janet Morrow | Mountain Ash Website Design | http://www.mountainash.org
    Visit Our Site for more information and pricing.

Susan

I found this thread on wordpress.org support

The latest I’ve been able to figure out is in how you GD Library is set up. Try a PNG image and if that works then there a a very good chance the problem lies in the ability of the GD Library to handle JPEGs. The fix appears to either upgrade the GD library and/or allowing GD to accept JPEG files.

Does it allow you to upload smaller images?

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Susan

Another suggestion from the old forum:

The server was in PHP safe mode. I turned that off and the images went right up.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

mountash
    Participant

Yes, it will upload a png file.  The question now is how do I do the following,

The fix appears to either upgrade the GD library and/or allowing GD to accept JPEG files.

This has never been an issue before. I also doubt that the owner will take the PHP off of safe mode. Is the necessary to correct the issue?

mountash
    Participant

I went back in to the site. It did upload the jpg files. However, it did not make the three different sizes. There was only the full size version. With the png file it made the three different sizes…

Is this the same issue, as discussed above?  Help please.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.