Make a Widget Area Span Full Width?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Make a Widget Area Span Full Width?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PhilMurray 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

PhilMurray
    Participant

hi,

i am trying to resolve this issue for a demo client site. here

Basically i am using a child theme that i built which is based on the Eleven40 theme.

I am running genesis responsive slider just below the NAV area [it is contained in a widget called PAGE TITLE].

the site is contained in the WRAP

.wrap {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 1140px;
    }

this is fine for the CONTENT area and NAV – but i want the SLIDER to span the full width of the available screen while the rest of the site is fixed width

i was wondering how i do this — is it a change to the structural wraps within the functions.php file?

cheers

Phil

SoZo

You either need to remove the widths that are containing it in the style sheet or move it outside the wrap by using the genesis_before hook.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

PhilMurray
    Participant

Thanks Nicolas — if i remove the wrap width then everything seems to become full width – which i don’t want.

how do i move that widget outside the wrap? i have the simple HOOKS plugin can i add some code in there – if so what do i add?

thanks

Phil

SoZo

Ya, you’d need to add widths and auto left/right margins to everything you wanted centered and contained. And you can’t use Simple Hooks, well you could if you removed the original sidebar in functions.php then added a completely new one, you need to edit the hook that the page title sidebar’s function is using. You probably want to relocated the header and nav as well.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

PhilMurray
    Participant

Thanks Nicolas, I will give it a try

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.