Making a 1 Column Home Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Making a 1 Column Home Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kupah 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kupah
    Participant

Which theme can be used as a one column home page for paragraphs of text and pictures. The other pages can be with sidebars and 2 or 3 columns. I want to get rid of middle sections and footer sections. I use the Enterprise theme right now.

Thanks

Gary

Susan

In the Enterprise theme, if you rename your home.php to something else (like oldhome.php), you site will revert to a traditional “blog” style layout, which just consists of posts and images. You can create a static page if you like, if you prefer to have just one big section of text.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

kupah
    Participant

That is great – I didn’t know it was so easy. I created a new “Page” called “Home” and put it in the custom menu. I then went to settings and made “Home” a static page but when I went to edit it, it seems that there are no borders like the rest of the template. Everything goes to the far Left.

How do I set the parameters for the page?  You can see here http://www.sterlinglandscapes.com

Thanks – Gary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.