Making a change to the home page of Streamline theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Making a change to the home page of Streamline theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

kathiemt
    Participant

Is it possible to remove the post list at the bottom of the streamline page and just leave it with the 3 widget sections and the footer?

I couldn’t see any information in the tutorials that indicated you could. Just seemed that the posts were there but not able to be edited.

Virtual Assistant & Nature Photographer
    Kathie Thomas: VADirectoryClick here for Australian images

http://australianvaconference.com/

YippyMomma
    Participant

I’d like to know the answer to this as well. I’m not seeing any code for a “loop” in the functions.php file.

braddalton
    Participant

Add the code below just before the closing genesis(); tag at the end of the front-page.php or home.php file.
    [php]
    remove_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘genesis_do_loop’ );
    [/php]

YippyMomma
    Participant

That worked. Now I just need to figure out how to remove the primary sidebar from the homepage. Thanks Brad!

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  YippyMomma.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  YippyMomma.

braddalton
    Participant

Change this on Line 20

[php]
    //* Force content-sidebar layout setting
    add_filter( ‘genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout’, ‘__genesis_return_content_sidebar’ );
    [/php]

To this:
    [php]
    add_filter( ‘genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout’, ‘__genesis_return_full_width_content’ );
    [/php]

YippyMomma
    Participant

As always THANK YOU Brad!

dgregfly
    Participant

I’m sorry to jump on this thread, I don’t think I am as advanced as the others, I am still having trouble removing the blog posts fromm the front page. I copied the code directly from this site, starting with the [php][/php], and added it into my theme before the very last genesis was mentioned, at the very bottom of the file on front.page.php, and that appears to break my home page, but not the rest of the site. I know I don’t fully understand coding, but is there anything else I should try?

braddalton
    Participant

Yes the code won’t work because the shortcodes have been de-activated

dgregfly
    Participant

ok, thanks, is there no longer a way to remove the blog posts and the sidebar from the front page?

braddalton
    Participant

Try this

add_filter( 'genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout', '__genesis_return_full_width_content');

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.