Making My "sticky" show in full length

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Making My "sticky" show in full length

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CarrieBYogini 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

CarrieBYogini
    Participant

Hello & hope someone can help me with 2 BIG issues to where I feel my site is finally “READY!”

I need my initial sticky to show the entire post.   I know it can be done as the girl I follow with the same theme, StudioPress, Prose Theme, has it on hers.  Also I need to make blocks on one page to show the different items I’m selling.  Here are the examples of the “sticky”:

http://hibiscusmooncrystalacademy.com/

and for the blocks:

http://hibiscusmooncrystalacademy.com/shop/  if, indeed, they are called blocks!!

Being a perfectionist and searching for a month and a half for these questions, I’m hoping I can finally get help!!

Thank you!  Thank You!!   Susan???  anyone??

anitac
    Participant

While the code I found here will provide the full text in the Sticky, the Sticky uses “excerpt” which strips out any special coding you may have in there. But I tried the code they gave an it does open it up all the way.

You would add this to the bottom of your functions.php file:

function dan_sticky_filter($content) { if(is_sticky()) $content = the_content(); return $content; } add_filter('the_excerpt', 'dan_sticky_filter');

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

CarrieBYogini
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

anitac
    Participant

Go to Appearance > Editor. Look on the right and you’ll see Functions – click that. Copy/paste the code I provided above at the very bottom and save.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

CarrieBYogini
    Participant

Wonderful!! It WORKS…except it shows the code at the bottom of the post!!! ????????

I fiddled with it a bit and was able to “hide” the code and it looks exactly how I wanted it to look!!

Oh, how can I thank you enough!!  You’re the BEST!!

Sincerely,

Carrie B!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.