media queries – tweaking trigger points

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks media queries – tweaking trigger points

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jhguynn
    Participant

Could someone please tell how the responsive step down trigger points were selected?

I.e. the media queries for the Executive Pro theme are ordered as follows: 1200px, 1023px, 767px, 500px, and 270px.

I realize these may be arbitrary values (or are they?), but what’s so special about ’767px’ for instance? Why not 732?

I’m curious: What latitude do I have to play with these numbers? Are there industry standards for handheld device screen sizes at work here that i need to know about?

Thanks for any insight about customizing the responsive step down performance of my theme.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Feel free to change the numbers to anything you want; they are based on common screen resolutions, but you can always tweak them if something isn’t working the way you need it to.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.