media query help for ipad (vertical orientation)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks media query help for ipad (vertical orientation)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  willevo 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

willevo
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am playing around with the sample theme that is provided. I am looking at a content/sidebar layout and I want to replicate the same look when it resizes on an ipad. When the responsive nature kicks in on an ipad (vertical orientation) it shows the content area but moves the sidebar below the main content area.

I am playing with the media queries but haven’t found a solution yet on how to force a resize of the content/sidebar areas so they will both fit on the vertical orientation of an ipad dimensions.

Can anyone provide the code snippet I would need to use or is it a setting (such as a percentage value) that I need to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It feels like it should be easy to fix, but I am stumped. :)

Thanks!!!
    William

Robin
    Participant

If you head for the section that starts with @media only screen and (max-width: 1023px), that’s where it’s set to go to 100% width for the content. You might want change the query so that the 100% starts in the section after that (767px), and then adjust your content, sidebar, etc. widths.

HTH

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

willevo
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Robin.. I will start there. I appreciate it. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.