membership databases

Community Forums Forums General Discussion membership databases

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dbg888 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dbg888

Hi All –

just a question regarding membership databases. My client has a WP website and doesn’t necessarily want to set up the site will full membership functionality (user profiles, logins etc) but rather wants to manage their membership database online.
    I guess they’ll need to be able to search for members, view profiles and contact details, integrate the emails with their mail chimp account. Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

We were going to implement WP Members – but they felt this wan’t quick the right tool for their workflow at the moment.

any help would be greatly appreciated

david :)

braddalton
    Participant

I like S2 Member https://wordpress.org/plugins/s2member/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

dbg888

hey Brad thanks for your expert advice, i do have another question thanks – does this work for just storing members in a database? My clients doesn’t necessarily want to make their site into a membership site yet.
    once again thanks for you help :)

braddalton
    Participant

Membership is built into the WordPress core and yes, members profile details are stored in tables in the database which you can use in in different ways. http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities

People can register in different roles which you can manage manually or using a plugin.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

dbg888

hey brad thanks again for your help, i hope your getting paid for this great service, if not maybe they could employ you

david

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.