Membership plugins compatible with Genesis

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Membership plugins compatible with Genesis

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jodzeee 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ginny
    Participant

Hi,

Which of the membership plugins available are compatible with Genesis? Does anyone have a recommendation of which works well with Genesis? Also do they work with ALL Genesis themes?

Premise (obviously does work with Genesis)
    Digital Access Pass
    Magic Members
    Wishlist Member
    S2 Member
    WP eMember

Thanks

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

All of those should work just fine with Genesis. I haven’t used Digital Access Pass, but I’ve used all the others with no issues.

Genesis child themes are just skins – all the functionality is contained in the framework. So anything that works with Genesis will work regardless of the child theme you use.

Hope that helps!

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

jodzeee
    Participant

Ginny – I’m looking into creating a membership site. Hoping you can give some advice if you’ve tried some of those plugins out. My client would like their members to pay via PayPal, then be able to access content. Please let me know if you have any pros/cons or lessons learned. Thank you!

essaysnark
    Participant

@jodzeee, we’re using Paid Memberships Pro which is free and works great with Genesis:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/paid-memberships-pro/

The main limitation with PMPro is that one user can only belong to one membership level at a time. If you have a complex content permissions model then it could be difficult to make this work.

We’re also using Premise though they’ve just recently taken that off the market.

jodzeee
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.