Membership Site with Galleries

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Membership Site with Galleries

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

matts

Hello everyone. I am very excited to be here. I am in the process of getting my News Pro theme with my Synthesis hosting. Excited to see what that combo will do for me. With this new site, I want to do a lot of member filled gallery pages. I am hoping to find a membership plugin and set up galleries that will show photos that members upload to their profiles. I would like the photos to be placed in categories also. I understand this will take a couple plungins so just hoping someone knows of a good combination to work with. Oh ya, I will also be wanting to add a forum for the site as well.

Anita
    Participant

Will your members be interacting with each other? Would you consider the site to be a “social network” of some kind? Buddypress has several plugins that will give you a “forum” area for the entire site, or you can use groups with forums dedicated to each group. There are several plugins for members to upload images to their profiles that work similar to say Facebook. Is this something you are looking to do?

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

matts

I don’t think I am looking for a “social network” type of interaction. I am looking for standard topic/reply style like this forum. As far as the galleries, I would like anyone from the public to be able to go to a gallery page and view all the pics uploaded by all members by category or all.

Anita
    Participant

Okay, then I think you may want the bbPress forum plugin, along with the NextGen plugin. They have a “public uploader” plugin here.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

matts

That sounds great. I will look into it. Thank you. Now I just need to get my theme. Can’t find how to purchase it without genesis since I already have genesis or is that even an option?

Anita
    Participant

If you’ve purchased the Framework from Studiopress already, then you just log in with your user id and password at my.studiopress.com. Then browse to the theme you want to purchase – you should see the “theme only” price after you log in.

matts

I signed up first at Synthesis and have everything working on that side with the basic genesis WP install. Not signed up with Studiopress.

Anita
    Participant

You might want to contact Synthesis hosting then about purchasing your theme since it came pre-packaged with your hosting.

matts

I sent them a email a little while ago. Just waiting on response. Usually they are fairly quick. Thanks for all your help.

Anita
    Participant

Sure, glad to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.