Menu categories in News Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Menu categories in News Pro

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kevinm8128

Hello everyone

First of all let me be completely honest.. I am an extreme novice with design and code, so my questions may seem pretty dumb to a lot of you here. I apologise in advance.

I am currently redesigning my humble blog site with News Pro, and before I start to publicise again I would like it be looking and functioning exactly as I would like it.

One thing I have noticed is that that the menu I have in my header does not seem to be responsive to screen size. I have six categories in this menu, each has at least one subcategory – with some then having further subcategories.

When you hover over a category the subcategories drop down automatically, and look great! The problem is that by the time you get to the fifth and sixth parent categories, the subcategories open up beyond the screen width, so you cannot see them. The same thing happens on the mobile version as well.

I am sure this is an extremely easy thing to fix, but as I warned above this really is the current limits of my design skills!

if anybody is able to help with this I would be extremely grateful

http://sydneysportsevents.com/

Kind regards

Kevin

http://sydneysportsevents.com/

Tom
    Participant

Hi Kevin. Feel free to ask … it’s only a learning curve.

What you’ve found is something of a weakness of multi-level menus with News Pro. I wrote a tutorial for you on how to fix this with a simple CSS addition that anyone can do.

This is the result when the changes are applied:
    Modifie News Pro Menu

It’s not perfect for mobile, but there are other options for when you might be feeling more comfortable with code. I’m sure that won’t take long.

Choose your next site design from over 350 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.