Menu help – Metro Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Menu help – Metro Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tinstar 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

angieatc
    Participant

I am having 2 issues with the menu on the Metro theme.

1. How do I make the Subnav wider? I cannot find anywhere to increase the width of it.
    2. My Subnav text does not show up like it does on the demo.

Thanks

http://testsite.strosgirldesigns.com/

anitac
    Participant

For your Subnav – are you meaning that there isn’t a HOVER COLOR? If so, change this to whatever color you want.

[css].genesis-nav-menu li li a:hover {
    background-color: #F96E5B;
    }[/css]

I am still hunting for the wider Subnav. For the life of me I cannot find it either! I’ll keep looking.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

If I change “auto” to 50% – it widens, but not on your site. That top “Services” tab will not drop down.

[css].menu-secondary, #header .genesis-nav-menu {
    float: right;
    width: auto;
    }[/css]

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

angieatc
    Participant

AHA thanks! I looked at that but was not sure about it.

I am talking about the text area on the left hand side. If you look at the demo here you can see the text on the left hand side on the sub-nav, this is the area I am talking about.

angieatc
    Participant

And what is weird, is if I move the tab services out from the 1st slot on the menu the menu looks fine but if I leave it in the 1st position it goes to the top line and moves everything down. WEIRD

anitac
    Participant

Did you follow these instructions from the my.studiopress.com Get Started?

How to Configure the Navigation

To set up the menu items in the Primary Navigation please see How to Set Up Menus.

For the date on the right, go to Genesis -> Settings -> Navigation. Check the box to use Nav Extras. Pick the date from the drop down.

The menu at the top of the screen is the Secondary nav menu slot. There is a Subnav Left widget area where we used a text widget.

angieatc
    Participant

The primary navigation is correct it is the yellow menu.

And for the secondary nav menu slot I put a text widget there, that is what it says and yes I followed the directions, that is why I am confused.

anitac
    Participant

Ok, just making sure because I wasn’t quite seeing that in the CSS when I used Firebug. You don’t have it in place now so I can target it.

angieatc
    Participant

That is where I am confused because I do have the widget in place in my widgets section.

anitac
    Participant

Girl… I am about to pull my hair out. So… you have a Text Box with text in it in the Subnav Left widget area. That area is in the widget area. I just got it to work over here – http://cre8tivediva.com/metrobp

angieatc
    Participant

WHAT?!?!

Here is what I have, you can see the screen shot here

anitac
    Participant

That’s weird. I just copied my style sheet to yours site in Firebug and it’s still missing so I think it some code the function area. Did you modify that at all?

anitac
    Participant

Check your functions area for this – see if yours looks the same:

[php]// Reposition the secondary navigation
    remove_action( ‘genesis_after_header’, ‘genesis_do_subnav’ );
    add_action( ‘genesis_before’, ‘genesis_do_subnav’ );

// Adds widget area before the .menu on #subnav
    add_filter( ‘genesis_do_subnav’, ‘child_do_subnav_widget’, 10, 2 );
    function child_do_subnav_widget( $subnav_output, $subnav ){
    ob_start();
    genesis_widget_area( ‘subnav-left’, array(
    ‘before’ => ‘<div class="subnav-left widget-area">’,
    ) );
    $widget_area = ob_get_clean();

return str_replace( $subnav, $widget_area . $subnav, $subnav_output );
    }[/php]

tinstar
    Participant

I’m having the exact same problem. I have a text widget in place and copied the code you have above in my functions.php file just to be sure. (They were the same.)

anitac
    Participant

@tinstar, what’s your URL, let me look.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.