menu-widget on top – on mobile divices

Community Forums Forums General Discussion menu-widget on top – on mobile divices

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ramseyp 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

TCD

Hi,

I have a responcive designed website. Normally I would use the primary menu and this menu shows up at te top of the screen on mobile devices. By default all widgets show up at the bottom on the page on mobile devices.

This time I used the menu in the widget-area (instead of the primary area). I want the widget area to show up at the top of the screen on mobile devices.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks!

ramseyp
    Participant

Hi there,

If you mean your header-right widget area, and having it load first instead of your title area, there are two ways to do it. Both involved code, one more CSS, the other uses PHP.

1) unhook “genesis_do_header” and replace it in your theme’s functions.php file with your own. If you look in your Genesis theme folder, under “lib/structure/”, you’ll see the header.php file. Lines 834 to 879 are what you want to replace in your theme’s functions.php file, along with the right “remove_action()” and “add_action()” hooks.

2) use some CSS to absolutely position the widget-area at the top of the browser window and to add enough a margin to push down the rest of the header.

Depending on where you are with your coding skills, you might find one preferable over the other. My preference is the first one, that way I’m not having to write up a bunch of wacky CSS.

Cheers!

Pat

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.