Menus Not Working On Georgia Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Menus Not Working On Georgia Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan Nelson 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

ShanG
    Participant

I’ve got no clue what that hack did or didn’t do to the core. Or anything else. I did find that she had deleted all the default themes and I had to re-install them. That left me scratching my head and saying those three words I can’t type here. :D

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  ShanG.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  ShanG.

rfmeier
    Participant

Susan,

Exactly, I cannot think of another reason why a fresh copy of Genesis core would be doing this, unless some options have been changed in a negative way, since those would be preserved between installs.

ShanG
    Participant

This is what has been done so far without ANY change in the functionality of the menus when a Genesis child theme is active:

- Checked child theme files (already know Genesis was up to date…so only needed to check child theme)
    - Checked menu, renamed, added, removed and added items again
    - Activated and deactivated plugins
    - Deactivated theme and then reactivated
    - Reset permalinks… again
    - Put through a slug URL sanitization
    - Made sure plugins that were installed were up to date and no errors
    - Played with some of the widgets containing adverts
    - Added a z-index on the navigation menus

Oh and WP has been updated more than once.

However, when a default WP is active, everything works correctly. This has me COMPLETELY stumped.

I’m trying a DB repair now and then a a fresh install of WP to see if it changes anything. I’m am still convinced it’s the child theme but cannot figure out where the issue is.

ShanG
    Participant

Ok, problem solved. After a database repair/optimization, reinstalling WP updates several times and going through the code with a fine toothed comb and a second pair of eyes, the only thing that worked was a fresh install of WP and re-import of data.

I still have no clue why the default themes worked fine but Genesis did not. Two days, several hours and many tired brain cells later, it’s all fixed. I think next time a client has a problem with their site, I’m just going to do a fresh WP install and work backwards. That will save them money and me time. LOL

Susan Nelson
    Participant

Glad you got it figured out! Whew!

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.