menus went missing

Community Forums Forums General Discussion menus went missing

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kevin
    Participant

I’m customizing the executive pro theme. Up until 20 minutes ago I could see all the menus I created (5 total) in the dashboard->appearance->menus. Now when I go there, there are no menus at all. If I go to themes->customize, the menus are there as navigation options (all 5). I noticed there’s a note stating that the theme supports 2 menus. Here’s my questions:
    1. How was I able to create/ see the menus but no longer can under appearance->menus?
    2. Why am I able to see them in the theme->customize area?
    3. How do I get them back?!! I need to edit them.

Here’s what I’m seeing in the backend
    menu

• This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Kevin.
    • This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Kevin.
    http://northshorewebdesign.net

AC
    Blocked

Did you happen to switch themes while you were in development? Go from one theme to another one – say, from Genesis Child Theme to a non-Genesis theme?

Kevin
    Participant

Nope-always used executive pro

AC
    Blocked

Someone else just updated and her menus are missing from the front end. Let me send out a tweet about this.

Kevin
    Participant

Thanks. It’s strange because all the menus function on the front end but are not manageable on the backend

AC
    Blocked

Someone else has the same but reverse – they see them on the back but not on the front. I sent out an email and also a tweet. Let’s see if someone responds.

AC
    Blocked

I received a response from Support that you should disable your plugins. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Kevin
    Participant

ok – I did nothing and now they are showing in the backend. Gremlins??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.