Metric – Full Width Images

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metric – Full Width Images

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 2 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dahlkr
    Participant

I am using metric and would like to use one full width image covering the header, nav and home-top section of the layout.

I installed a full width image background plugin and got close to the look I want to achieve but I do not want the contents to scroll on top of the image.  I want the site to look more like the metric showcase sample are you ltd (but with the image taking up the full width on the home page).

I thought about slicing the image and installing in each area as a background image but have no idea how big to create the image width should be  (or if I could use CSS to be sure all monitors/devices see the image as full width).

Any help would be great!

site url:  reddoordesigncompany.com

AC
    Blocked

If you revert back to the original settings – the blue background of Metric is an image. See this link is the background from the demo – http://demo.studiopress.com/metric/wp-content/themes/metric/images/wrap.png. You would only need to replace this “wrap.png” image with your own and the remainder of the them will stay put. The box and text would still be there. If you didn’t want those, you could just remove those from the home.php file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.