Metric Theme: WooCommerce

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metric Theme: WooCommerce

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  WordSmith007 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

AC
    Blocked

I have installed WooCommerce and WooCommerce Connect. Followed the instructions to activate WooCommerce first, then WooCommerce Connect. When doing so – the front of the website returns a 500 Internal Error, while the Dashboard is fully functional. When I deactivate both plugins, the front of the website returns to normal. Would anyone have a clue why this is happening. I added this, per the instructions, to the bottom of my functions.php file and it is the very last line:

add_theme_support( ‘genesis-connect-woocommerce’ );

Bill Murray
    Participant

500 errors almost always are PHP errors. You could see your PHP error log for the exact reason.

Metric is compatible with WooCommerce and the command you’re using is correct. One thing that’s hard to judge is whether your single quote marks are correct, because the forum may change those. They need to go straight up and down.

Beyond that, in Metric, make sure you added it cleanly at the end of functions.php. To avoid the occasional typo, I have this code as a plugin and activate it before activating WooCommerce.

https://gist.github.com/4463505

Web: https://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

AC
    Blocked

I double checked everything. I’ve disabled all plugins. Changed to the default WordPress theme and WooCommerce works. When I go back and activate Metric – I get a 500. I deactivate WooCommerce – the site comes back. So I won’t worry about using WooCommerce. This was going to be my first one and it failed on Genesis so I’ll find another solution.

Chris Cree
    Participant

I use WooCommerce on several Genesis sites with no issues. I don’t think I’ve used the Genesis Connect for WooCommerce plugin though. But that does work just fine too.

There has to be something else going on with your setup somehow.

WordSmith007
    Participant

Can someone recommend a place for me to find examples of Genesis’ websites that run woocommerce?  I cannot find this anywhere and I was hoping there would be a place to find a thorough list.  Thanks!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Metric Theme: WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.