Metro – 3 Footer Widgets: Keep on Home Page Only

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metro – 3 Footer Widgets: Keep on Home Page Only

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

emilwisch
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m sorry if this has been addressed already. I’ve been scouring the forums and documentation and I either haven’t found the answer or misinterpreted other fixes.

The closest solution I found was: http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/minimum-rendering-3-footer-widgets-on-homepage-only/

However, I added the PHP snippet (http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/minimum-rendering-3-footer-widgets-on-homepage-only/#post-39042) below `add_theme_support( ‘genesis-footer-widgets’, 3 );` and couldn’t make the magic happen – was also unsuccessful when removing `add_theme_support( ‘genesis-footer-widgets’, 3 );` and then adding the aforementioned PHP snippet.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

http://dev.marcelsculinaryexperience.com

braddalton
    Participant

Add the code below the existing code. No need to add theme support again for footer widgets as its already in your child themes functions.php file.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

emilwisch
    Participant

Hi Brad – thanks for jumping in. That is correct – I did not add theme support a second time.

And, I’ve actually added the snippet back in to the functions.php file (and left it there this time). The 3 footer widgets are still rendering on all pages and posts. Thanks again.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  emilwisch.

braddalton
    Participant

Just tested this again and it still works

Code not displaying? Grab it on Github.

emilwisch
    Participant

Thanks Brad – I just tried it again, replacing instances of ‘wpsites’ with ‘metro’. I also just added the following because I’m using a custom front page (and still no go):

`add_action( ‘genesis_before’, ‘wpsites_display_footer_front_page’ );
    function wpsites_display_footer_front_page() {
    if( !is_front_page() ) {
    remove_action( ‘genesis_before_footer’, ‘genesis_footer_widget_areas’ );
    }}`

I’ve left the above in place.

Is it possible that a plugin could be causing the interference on something like this? I’ll try disabling plugins in the meantime.

I think I may just widgetize the homepage/frontpage with that Genesis Extender plugin at this point.

emilwisch
    Participant

Follow-up
    I’ve decided to just remove the footer widgets entirely and add 3 new widgets to the homepage/frontpage only. Used the Genesis extender plugin to add the widgets and will be customizing the CSS.

Thanks again, Brad.

braddalton
    Participant

Tested that code and it works. Did you copy this code from the view raw link and paste it in your child themes functions.php file using a code editor like Notepad++?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.