Metro Custom Header + Adsense screws up Footer

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metro Custom Header + Adsense screws up Footer

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rfmeier 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

devnick
    Participant

I’m trying to add a custom header to Metro theme, which has an image logo and a 728×90 adsense ad.

Like the one saying goes, there’s seems to be more than one way to skin a cat

I have tried everything, using the background header image and header widget, implementing a header-left widget.  I usually could only get one thing to work.  I thought the header widget with the background would do it, but the width on the header-widget was too narrow and when I tweaked it, it would screw up the sidebar width.

So I hacked around and got this to work, but now I seem to have screwed up the footer when adding the real adsense code.  The implementation works fine if I just add a 728×90 image, footer is good.  I think I

I got the header to work by registering a widget, using a text box to add the .logo and .ad div’s as well as added some css.

Here is a picture of the footer working when I just use an image.

The site right now has the adsense code with the broken footer. The footer is getting chopped off, the width is being affected by something and I don’t see it.  Website link.  I think some additional spacing has been added at the bottom as well.

• Is this the right of doing this?
    • Not sure If I should use a plugin to embed adsense code into site?
    • Should I use the html plugin to place the code into the widget area?

I did do this in the funtion.php file

remove_action( ‘genesis_site_title’, ‘genesis_seo_site_title’ );
    remove_action( ‘genesis_site_description’, ‘genesis_seo_site_description’);

but was also wondering how to get rid of the empty

[html]
    <div id="title-area"></div>
    <!– end #title-area –>[/html]

that exists.  I fixed the height / removed the spacing by tweaking the css, min-height property.

Thanks,

-Nick

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  devnick.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  devnick.

rfmeier
    Participant

Nick,

Looking at this with Chrome debugger, the div #header element is not closing properly, which is throwing the rest of your site off. Double any html elements you added and make sure they are closed.

I hope this sheds some light on the issue.

devnick
    Participant

Ryan,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  Adsense had a div that I did not close.

DUH!  That’s what happens when you write code a midnight…

rfmeier
    Participant

Pesky elements. Good luck :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.