Metro: Full Posts Won't Right-Align Photos

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Metro: Full Posts Won't Right-Align Photos

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ithacaindy 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ithacaindy
    Participant

What are the correct settings for  a full post to display with a sidebar? I’m trying to display an article that wraps around a right-aligned photo. The image appears correctly in the editor. But once I hit the “update” button, the image jumps above the block of text.

Here is an example of what I mean.

braddalton
    Participant

You can choose the default layout in the Genesis > Theme Settings > Default Layout and also change this on specific pages and posts under the Layout Settings.

You should align the image right before inserting it.

You’ll see after you upload an image these settings, if you scroll down before inserting the image:

Attachment Display Settings

Alignment

If you switch to the text editor it includes:
    [html]
    alignright size-full wp-image-37618
    [/html]

Otherwise you may have a plugin which overrides your images

ithacaindy
    Participant

Metro’s default layout is full-width. When I insert the image into an article, I assign it to right-align. The key appears to be that the image aligns correctly in the editor, but as soon as I hit “update”, the photo jumps to the left above the text. For now, the only option to display the photo, the article and the right rail is to set the attached image to full-size and no alignment.

braddalton
    Participant

What happens if you add the image in the text editor rather than the visual editor and align it there?

ithacaindy
    Participant

Bingo! Image alignment works in the text editor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.