Metro Genesis Featured Post

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metro Genesis Featured Post

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mitch
    Participant

How do I add content to each of the featured posts. Widgets are set up using Genesis featured post widgets but I can’t seem to figure out how to add an article so that the content displays under each designated feature post. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! (I’m setting up the new Metro Pro Magazine theme).

http://triallawyertipsmagazine.com

Herman
    Participant

Mitch….create a new post, add content to it and link “read more” link from your excerpt to the post. Here’s more info on configuring the widgets: http://my.studiopress.com/setup/metro-theme/

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Herman.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Herman.

mitch
    Participant

Thanks Herman. Still don’t get it :-) I do my post and then lets say I want it to display it in the middle right spot on my home page (Featured Post #3 for example). What do I do next. BTW, I read and did all of the tips in the link you sent over prior to posting this question.

Herman
    Participant

Go to your middle right widget, then select your page name from the drop down box beside the label “Page:” For example if your page is named “sample page” select it from the drop down.

Let me know if you still get stuck.

mitch
    Participant

I’m using the “Featured Post” not page widget. There is not title option. Let’s say you want to do a blog post and then have it appear as either Feature 1, 2, 3 or 4. Where I’m getting stuck is how to assign a new post to 1, 2, 3, and 4. When writing the blog post I am assigning it to the “featured” category. What am I missing and thanks for your help?

braddalton
    Participant

You don’t need to create a featured category.

Simply drag the featured post widget into any of the home featured widget areas on your Widgets page.

Configure the widget settings and save.

You can display any number of posts in any category using the Genesis Featured Posts widget.

mitch
    Participant

Thanks Brad. That’s what I did following the Genesis Metro Pro Them instructions. Now, having done all of that, let’s say you write a post and want it to appear at either Feature #1, #2, #3 or #4. Where do I indicate that this new blog post should be assigned to appear in one of the specific 4 widget areas? Thanks.

mitch
    Participant

OK. Looks to me that its all based on date and time. The first post automatically goes to Featured #1. When I do a second post it goes to Featured #1 and pushes the prior Featured post to Feature #2… Is this correct?

Herman
    Participant

Configure the home-middle-left widget if you want the post or posts to appear in that widget location. If you want the post positioned elsewhere use that specific widget.

braddalton
    Participant

Use the widget settings.

Number of Posts to Show: 1

Category: The category you assigned the post to.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.