Metro Menu bar

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

awohl
    Participant

I’m sure I am missing something very simple. But, cannot get menu to display like the sample. Menu bar at very top and category menu bar below main header.

It says, “The menu at the top of the screen is the Secondary nav menu slot. There is a Subnav Left widget area where we used a text widget.”
    I have created menus before and made it active in menu appearance bar. The “text widget” has me confused. Normally you just add the “menu” to the right widget and it displays?

My site is not live yet, but I am hoping that someone can explain. I know this will be simple and I will resolve. ;-)

Thanks!

Susan

For Metro, you would create 2 menus as you would do with any other theme. (Primary and Secondary)

In the demo, the secondary menu appears above the header.

The primary menu is below the header.

The Subnav Left Widget (populated with a text widget) is what displays the content to the left above the header (in the case of the demo, it reads: LIKE THIS THEME? You can buy it on StudioPress.

The demo does not display any menu in header right.

I hope that helps!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

awohl
    Participant

I have created menus before and I did the right steps. I believe there was an issue with the theme…because the menus were not viewing. I got too frustrated so changed theme. I’ll give metro another try on another project. Thanks! Feel free to close thread.

Susan

I know you asked me to close the thread, but I wanted to offer a suggestion. What version of WP & Genesis are you running?

I created my own site (in my link) with Metro over the weekend, and had no issue with the menu. Then, I was playing with the theme on my test site, and it wasn’t working the same as my main site. I couldn’t figure out why the difference, and then discovered I was running a previous version of WP and Genesis. I upgraded both, and the issue was resolved.

awohl
    Participant

I am running genesis 1.82 & wordpress 3.5.1

I’m assuming this is the issue. So, is there an easy way to upgrade to newest version of genesis?

Thank you in advance for going the extra distance…I know the menus are a very simple change.. ;-)

Just let me know…Amy

Susan

Hi, Amy:

I’ve only upgraded my site once, and I just did it by uploading the latest version of Genesis (available through the download section on mystudiopress). The general recommendation is to backup your site, but I just did it while my site was still running (it’s only a test site, so no big deal for me). I had no issues at all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.