Metro misbehaving?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metro misbehaving?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hannab
    Participant

Hi, on this site: http://www.corva.org/wp/ I’m working with Metro theme for the first time and I’m having a very weird issue that I’ve never encountered before. There are no settings for background or header under “Appearance.” Tutorial refers to it so I know it should be there, but it’s not. Theme functions has what I believe is the correct stuff in it to support this:

// Add support for custom background
    add_theme_support( ‘custom-background’, array( ‘wp-head-callback’ => ‘__return_false’ ) );

// Add support for custom header
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array(
    ‘flex-height’ => true,
    ‘height’ => 87,
    ‘width’ => 1080
    ) );

But all I have under Appearance menu is Widgets, Menus and Editor. No Header, no Background.

I tried unistalling and reinstalling the theme but it didn’t change anything.

Please help!

/Hanna

If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space.

braddalton
    Participant

Maybe a plugin conflict. Deactivate all your plugins and reactivate them one by one.

hannab
    Participant

Hi,

I deactivated every single plugin but the theme still doesn’t show the Header or Background under Appearance.

With all plugins deactivated, I’ve activated another theme that’s not Genesis, then activated Genesis, then the Theme. Still no header/background options under Appearance.

Current theme used is Executive 2.0 and Genesis 1.9.1

Thanks,

Hanna in Tahoe

If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

This may occur if you aren’t using the latest version of WordPress.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

AC
    Blocked

@hannab, copy and paste that code into Notepad. Then highlight what got pasted… copy and paste it back into your function.php. Sometimes the apostrophe’s and semi-colons just don’t paste over properly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.