Metro Pro – Customizing text input boxes / forms

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Metro Pro – Customizing text input boxes / forms

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  joermcd 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

joermcd

Greetings. I have run into one problem with the Metro Pro theme that is driving me absolutely nuts and am hoping that someone can help. My website is http://lakesfirearmstraining.com/.

For my tastes the text input boxes, especially for my contact form (contact form 7), are simply too tall. I am going nuts trying to fix this. At first I thought I had the solution with the following code:

.wpcf7 input[type=”text”],
    .wpcf7 input[type=”email”],
    .wpcf7-select {
    height: 1px;
    }

.wpcf7 textarea {
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-size: 1.2rem;
    }

That got what I wanted in the contact form box height wise. However something is going on with the padding to where I cannot see what I am typing in the “Your Name” and “Your Email” boxes. Strangely enough I didn’t experience that problem in the “Your Message” input box. What am I missing?

Then I thought of something. All of the text input boxes on the site are too tall for my liking. I saw the following code

/* Forms
    ——————————————— */
    input,
    select,
    textarea {
    background-color: #f5f5f5;
    border: 1px solid #ddd;
    box-shadow: 0 0 5px #ddd inset;
    color: #999;
    font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-size: 1.4rem;
    padding: 16px;
    padding: 1.6rem;
    }

So I am thinking that is where I want to make the change so that it is universal for every text input area. Am I correct? If so what should I change so that the text input boxes are just a smidge taller than a line of text and so that there is no padding in the text input box

http://lakesfirearmstraining.com/

joermcd

Figured it out.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  joermcd.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  joermcd.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.