Metro – remove footer credits from website

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metro – remove footer credits from website

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jamesalex
    Participant

http://www.sblifecoaching.co.uk/

I am working on the website below and cannot find where I should be looking to remove the theme information at the bottom of the page, could someone please advise?

Kind regards

Jamie

AC
    Blocked

You can remove or edit them with this – http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/footer/#credits.

jamesalex
    Participant

thanks very much, worked perfectly. Kind regardsjamie

francky
    Participant

@anitac

That code doesn’t work in my case. It does put the new footer in the content (at the bottom of the white wrap and not in the footer.)

I even tried using Genesis Hook Plugin which I have been using in all my websites to change the footer but it doesn’t work at all. I wonder if there is an error in the footer code of this Metro Theme.

snakeair
    Participant

I just use the Genesis plugin.

http://www.studiopress.com/plugins/simple-edits

I can remove the credits or modify them as I did this already.

AC
    Blocked

@jamesalex – your initial question is “how do I REMOVE footer credits from the website?” It wasn’t “how do I EDIT footer credits from the website?” I am glad you found your solution.

francky
    Participant

Simple edits plugin works fine! Thank you guys!

marketworx

I too had the problem of not being able to find the place where the code was to remove the credits. I tried using the code snippets but when I entered it in my functions.php file in the theme I was using, I got a blank screen when I refreshed the page so it broke my site. I re-copied and re-pasted it and got the same result. I tried it at the top before the ) ) ; and at the bottom after the ) ) ;

Where in the functions.php file does the code go?

I also tried entering it in the Genesis Hook Plugin in the footer area and checked the “Use PHP” box and it again broke my site. What am I doing wrong?

Susan

@marketworx – it is recommended that you start your own thread, otherwise people who are looking for unanswered posts to respond to will not see your question.

To answer your question, though – the code snippet can technically go anywhere in the functions.php, as long as you are not breaking into another piece of code, which is why most people will add it to the bottom of their functions.php file.

If you don’t have much experience with PHP, it is highly recommended that you use the simple edits plugin for ease of use.

You should also check your functions.php to make sure that there isn’t already code in there controlling the output of the footer credits (a number of the community themes I work with already have code in there, and adding additional code will break your site.)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.