Metro: Show video on frontpage

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metro: Show video on frontpage

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jdingman 1 year ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jdingman
    Participant

I’m running the Metro theme and I’d love to be able to customize when a video is shown as the post while on the homepage.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Learn more about Genesis.

WordPress News, tips, and tricks – WPForce.com

Anita
    Participant

Can you be a little more specific? I am not quite understanding what you want to achieve.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

braddalton
    Participant

Me too. Had a look at this question yesterday and not sure what you need. Always happy to help Jonathan.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

jdingman
    Participant

Basically if a post has a video embedded in it, I want to be able to show that video on the homepage of my site, not just when you’re viewing the post.

Anita
    Participant

Then you will need to use the Featured Posts widget and set it to show the content of the posts. If you want it to be the first thing that is seen, put the video at the top of the content area. If you don’t want all of the content to show up – but only the video – then use the MORE TAG after your video.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

jdingman
    Participant

Argh, I was afraid of that.

I rarely ever put the video as the first thing, and it seems REALLY restrictive if that’s the only way to do it.

I would imagine there should be a lot better way of doing this. something that is more flexible for people to use.

Anita
    Participant

If you want a Featured Video, then you should probably look through the WordPress repository for a plugin or go to CodeCanyon. There are plugins to do what you want – it’s just not part of your theme.

braddalton
    Participant

So you want to display thew video in the excerpt on the blog page which is your home page.

The reason it doesn’t display is because WordPress strips all HTML tags from excerpts which you can add back using this code.

Another option, as Anita suggested, is to use a plugin to display your video as a featured image on all archive pages.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

jdingman
    Participant

good ideas, thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.