Metro Sidebar Prevent Responsive?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Metro Sidebar Prevent Responsive?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  weslinda 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Scott Buehler
    Participant

I’m in a fixed Content-Sidebar arrangement but do not want the right sidebar to get skinnier as you adjust the browser width.

I tried adding .sidebar{width:336px;} to the @media section, but after a certain point, the sidebar drops out.

What I want is the right sidebar to stay fixed-width and the left content area be the one that adjusts as you get skinnier. Is this possible?

You see, I have floating divs in the sidebar that do not adjust like a 100% image would. The sidebar gets skinnier and my floated divs stack (no room).

Scott Buehler
    WebHostingChoose.com

Scott Buehler
    Participant

I posted this early AM and wonder if nobody saw it.

Scott Buehler
    WebHostingChoose.com

weslinda
    Participant

Hi Scott.  In the theme, there are Media queries, where the responsive functions are called.  Sounds like once you get below a certain resolution, then that kicks in.

Search for @media in the CSS file and you’ll need to adjust the CSS of the sidebar and content for each screen resolution.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Scott Buehler
    Participant

Yeah, I implied in my original post that I knew that, but I’m looking for specific ideas or tips on how to go about it in my 1024px layer.

Scott Buehler
    WebHostingChoose.com

weslinda
    Participant

So if you take a look at the Genesis Visual Markup Guide.  You’ll see the core structures of the page.

http://my.studiopress.com/docs/visual-markup-guide/

You’ll want to adjust #content and such to perform as desired for each @media call as there are different breakpoints that you’ll need to adjust.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.