Metro theme: Add Meta Data thumb, date and author

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metro theme: Add Meta Data thumb, date and author

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ironjiant 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ironjiant
    Participant

I am using the Metro theme for this site:

http://theindieconsultant.com/

I want to add meta data to the blog post excerpts on the homepage just underneath the featured images where it says “Featured Business and Consultant News” and “FEATURED STORY”

The meta needs to be a tiny thumbnail, date and author (ex. [PHOTO HERE] July 9, 2013 By Ivan Misner )

Is there a tutorial or direction on how/where to add this?

Thanks!
    -Jim

anitac
    Participant

You can try using the Genesis Featured Widget Amplified Plugin. I know there are settings in there to show the Author Image and edit the by line as you want it.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-featured-widget-amplified/

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

ironjiant
    Participant

Thanks anitac,
    That worked beautifully!

theindieconsultant.com

But where do I place the post shortcode?:

[post_author_link before="<b>" after="</b>"] [post_time format="g:i a"], [post_date format="F j, Y" label="Dated: "]

I need the post info to show up ideally next to the tiny author thumbnail. Would I use Genesis Simple Hooks for this?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  ironjiant.

anitac
    Participant

It’s in the plugin. Look for the Post Info field. It will show up next to the picture and below the title.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

By the way, toss this at the bottom of your style.css sheet. It will give you a margin on your avatars under the Contributors in your sidebar:

[css]#sidebar .avatar {
    padding-right: 15px;
    }[/css]

ironjiant
    Participant

resolved. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Metro theme: Add Meta Data thumb, date and author’ is closed to new replies.