Metro Theme Demo – Home Top Front Page "Show Content" Can't Have Formatting?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Metro Theme Demo – Home Top Front Page "Show Content" Can't Have Formatting?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  kay9 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kay9
    Participant

Hi, sorry about the title, but I was trying to be descriptive!

In the Metro theme DEMO, see how the TEXT that is under the headline “Featured Story #1″ has NO formatting of any kind?

No italics, no paragraph spacing (say the first line was a solo line, e.g.), nothing.

IS there a way to make it show the formatting that the “actual” full article has?

Hope I’m making sense here. All I’m saying is, I need a way to make that first little blurb on the front page, where you’re able to show XXX words of the first post, HAVE FORMATTING, instead of the way it seems to be all running along in an almost default-text sort of way there.

Thanks for clues!

http://demo.studiopress.com/metro/

kay9
    Participant

Answered:

This is using the content limit to display the post text. This must strip the HTML so the formatting is lost.

There isn’t a safe way to work around that. You can show the full content and use the `` tag to cut off the post with a read more link and preserve your post formatting.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  kay9.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  kay9.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.