Metro Theme – Header Image and Background Color won't change

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metro Theme – Header Image and Background Color won't change

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  triggers 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

jr
    Participant

Hello,

I am having a problem with the Metro Theme, which I can’t seem to resolve.

Whenever, I try and change the background color, nothing happens.

If I add a header image,  and remove the header text, I lose the header image and get one large colored box across my header.

(caching is disabled on my wordpress)

I tried uninstalling and re-installing several times and got the same problem.

Has anyone experienced this?

AC
    Blocked

Please post a link to your website so we can take a look. Thanks.

jr
    Participant

bwone
    Participant

I’m also having this exact same issue as described. Any help would be great.

jr
    Participant

Support told me to do this:

—————————

In your style.css file, find the following.
    .header-image #title a {
    background: none;
    padding: 0;
    }

Change it to:
    .header-image #title a {
    background: none !important;
    padding: 0;
    }

bwone
    Participant

I just tried this and I’m still having the same issue. Nothing changed.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Please see this Thread: http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/metro-background-tiled/ regarding the background issue. The header issue fix is directly above http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/metro-theme-header-image-and-background-color-wont-change/#post-22734 :)

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

bwone
    Participant

Hello,

I replied to your e-mail. I did clear out the caches before and after and the code is proper int he metro theme but still having the same problem. Also for the background issue its not  the same as what that link shows.  my background imaged works as it should but its the white part where my content shows that disappear randomly from time to  time.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

This was taken care of through a support ticket and related to an ad network.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

triggers
    Participant

testing just created a post but it didn’t submit it.

hotdogman
    Participant

I had this problem too and the addition of “!important” to the style sheet corrected it.

triggers
    Participant

2I have 2 Questions I’d love to have answered.

1. I need to change the background ouside of the content area  http://blog.contenttriggers.com/ (like in the demo for Metro only my background would be a solid color))

I am trying to change it to be F5F1E5 (Cream color) and nothing happens – its stays white.

2.  Can I change the posts on the home/front page to have the titles above the images in the Featured Image as well as in th images in the next row?

Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.