Metro theme: How to make a new page with Home Top & Middle & Bottom widgets?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metro theme: How to make a new page with Home Top & Middle & Bottom widgets?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  weslinda 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rajk
    Participant

Hi there,

Not sure if this is a generic WordPress or a Metro theme specific question. Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post. I use Metro theme for my non-English language weekly magazine: saarangabooks.com/magazine

You see how, at the moment the Home-top, middle, and bottom areas are by default always on one page, i.e., the home page? I want to create back-issue archive pages for weekly magazine, but want to make each back-issue look exactly like it was, when it was current and live on the homepage. I am thinking that if I can create a custom archive page, with the ability to place home-top, home-bottom and home-middle sections and configure the Genesis-Featured Posts widgets in them, just like how the home page does, I may achieve what I am thinking of.

My expertise level is limited to CSS/HTML, but I suspect this involves getting dirty with Genesis filters, hooks, whatnot, is it? Appreciate a response. Thanks!

Raj

weslinda
    Participant

This can be done through custom widgets and archive pages, but would become a bear to manage over time as each issue would need it’s own widgets, and that might become hard to manage in the admin area.  Here is a starting point for custom archive pages, http://www.briangardner.com/custom-archives-page/.

Loving the Genesis Life!

rajk
    Participant

weslinda – Thanks! Appreciate it.

Raj

weslinda
    Participant

You’re welcome.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.