Micro-blogging using WordPress Post Formats?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Micro-blogging using WordPress Post Formats?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  maheshone 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Summer
    Participant

From what you’re describing, you’ve already got the functionality you want on the adlutions.com site, having post titles redirect elsewhere… and duplicating those features doesn’t work?

If not, I don’t know what else to suggest. You might have to play around a lot with custom coding and see what you can come up with.

maheshone
    Participant

Yes, it works on adlutions… but i did that using yoast redirection… so it means permalinks are not created… (it redirects to target page)… if you check daring fireball or my own minterest.co.. there is an individual page for each blog post.. so redirection/linking happens from that page…

The current trick is the last resort.. if am unable to do it myself using custom coding.

Summer
    Participant

Huh? There are permalinks on adlutions.com — I can see them.

If you go to your archives: http://adlutions.com/wp/category/uncategorized/ and hover over the links, you’ll see they have an adlutions.com URL, which is the permalink you’re looking for. You can even see them in your RSS feed for your site.

The permalinks are not obscured or removed by the redirection destination, the content of those posts just aren’t easy to get to, by your own design :)

maheshone
    Participant

Yes, we can see permalinks (http://adlutions.com/wp/2014/02/19/wordpress-plugins-2014/) for redirected posts like that wordpress plugins… But the problem is… since it redirects to the target page users wont be able to see “my comments” about that post…

You can see my comment “They’re the best of the best… you should try.. bla bla bla….” on that archive page but archive page changes as we publish more posts… and the permalink redirects to the target page.. so it means its not possible to link to that post (so as to show others my views about an external page).. Hope its clear now…

Anyways, I think like u said… my only option is to use the current way (yoast redirect) or hire a coder…

And infact there’s an advantage if we use yoast method… it avoids “thin content” and can be used to increase subscribers (if we post iinteresting links and by adding our own comments so that it adds value)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.