Midnight theme home featured pages instead of posts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Midnight theme home featured pages instead of posts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

CenterPixel
    Participant

I just bought Midnight because it looks good for a project I am starting tonight. I really like the look of the home page featured slider on the demo, but apparently it is only for posts. I tried using the Genesis Responsive Slider, but it does not pick up the nice black and red styling of the one that came with Midnight, nor does it have the featured images as thumbs. Any tips, tricks or spoilers on how can I make the slider on the home page look like the demo slider, but with pages instead of posts?

cdils
    Participant

Hi there,

You can use Genesis Responsive Slider, but you’ll have to manually swap out the CSS to match what’s there in demo. Best tip I can give is to use the Firebug browser plugin to help you root out the right CSS elements. :)

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

fiorerj
    Participant

Please, Until today I could not change the width of the “welcome home”. I wanted the whiteboard “Top Suppliers” stay with the same menu width.

Link: http://www.fiorecomunicacao.com.br/_/

cdils
    Participant

Update the CSS for #home-welcome .wrap to include a background color of white, like this:

#home-welcome .wrap {

background: url(“images/dashed-line-header.png”) no-repeat scroll center bottom #FFF;
        padding: 30px 30px 20px;

}

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.