Migrating Featured Images from Thesis to Genesis

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Migrating Featured Images from Thesis to Genesis

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Annamarie 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m currently using Thesis 1.8.5, and I’m about to switch over to Genesis. For the past few years, when I created a post in Thesis I’d upload an image to my server and then stick the external URL for the image into Thesis’ Featured Image field, which would then drop the image into the post. Genesis doesn’t seem to want to play nice with all those images that I added through the Thesis framework’s image feature, so it looks like I’m going to have to move the images for ALL of my posts to the WordPress Media Library.

Is there a plugin I can use that will do this automatically? Pull the images from Thesis and insert them into Genesis for each post?

I searched for a past forum post that answers this question and didn’t find one. If one exists, please point me to the url.

Ok, found this:

But there are no reviews and I’m a little wary of anything that has no internet feedback. I’d totally pay the $10, but I’m worried about it borching my database. :/

I’ve got the same problem. Did you use it? What did you do?

There may not have been any reviews at the time sstiavetti wrote her posts, but I just clicked the link to the converter, and I see that there are several comments that might help someone decide if the converter will work or not.

I know. 37 people bought it and the 5 commenters were unhappy with it. Were 32 people completely happy?
    I’m a little nervous about using it if it does mess things up.

Went to Backup Buddy my site and that ‘s not working right… ah…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.