Migration question: When to use the SEO Data Transporter plugin?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Migration question: When to use the SEO Data Transporter plugin?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lostintime 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lostintime
    Participant

Hi all,

I am about to migrate my blog from Thesis to Genesis (Streamline) and have heard of  the SEO Data Transporter plugin.

When exactly would I use this plugin? Before or after switching themes in WordPress?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bill Murray
    Participant

You’d use it after.  You’d 1) migrate 2) activate and use the plugin 3) check the migrated data (visit some posts) 4) check your overall Genesis SEO settings 5) deactivate the plugin.

Web: http://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

lostintime
    Participant

Thanks for your advice Bill. Its’ very much appreciated.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  lostintime.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  lostintime.

lostintime
    Participant

Just a quick follow-up: Today I migrated my site, using the SEO Data Transporter. I am happy to report that it all seems to have gone well.

shobha
    Participant

Would you also recommend using this plugin, if you are moving from a non-Thesis/framework based theme to Genesis?

lostintime
    Participant

Well, it depends on which theme you’re currently using. According to the plugin developers the SEO Data Transporter offers support for the following themes and frameworks:

Builder,  Catalyst, Frugal, Genesis, Headway, Hybrid, Thesis, Woo Framework

It should also work with these plugins:

All in One SEO, Greg’s High Performance SEO, Headspace2, Meta SEO Pack, Platinum SEO, SEO Ultimate, WordPress SEO

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.