Mindstream–custom post formats?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Mindstream–custom post formats?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  davidcv 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wheeltrish
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to add a couple of post formats to my mindstream theme. I have created the icons and uploaded them and I tried adding the post format names to this line in functions.php:

add_theme_support( ‘post-formats’, array( ‘aside’, ‘audio’, ‘chat’, ‘gallery’, ‘image’, ‘link’, ‘quote’, ‘status’, ‘video’ ) );

but there must be more to it because doing that alone caused an error. I reverted back to the working version of functions.php but now I am perplexed about where to start. Can someone point me in the right direction?

here’s my site: http://www.trishknits.com

Thanks!

SoZo

All the possible post formats are already included.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

wheeltrish
    Participant

Thanks. I was hoping there was a way…

Given that, the functions PHP file instructs the theme to remove the post title, before post information, and after post information if the post has a format, or to leave it in if it is left in default format.

Is there a way to modify it so that the stuff is removed for certain post formats, and retained for certain others? There are a couple of the formats for which I wish I could display the title, for example, but for others, it’s not needed.

Thanks!

davidcv
    Participant

I need the same. Is it possible to give certain post formats the option, for example, to show titles in home and pages.

David C.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.