Mindstrean Gallery

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Mindstrean Gallery

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ththompson331 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ththompson331
    Participant

I know that the jQuery Lightbox For Native Galleries has been discontinued, so I am trying to find a new gallery that will give the effect in the demo where the thumbnails show side by side. Can anyone assist me?

braddalton
    Participant

The native WordPress gallery enables you to display your images side by side in columns.

The Carousel module in Jetpack and Slim Jetpack display your images very well.

ththompson331
    Participant

Thanks so much, Brad! I activated Carousel, but I still don’t see my thumbnails appearing side by side? Any ideas? http://www.sixthirtyeight.com/

braddalton
    Participant

All you need to do is create a gallery and select how many columns you want. Its that simple.

The Carousel is for viewing the images.

ththompson331
    Participant

Thanks, Brad. I actually did that and it still didn’t work on the featured image. It worked on the post, though. Do you do customization work for the featured images section for hire? I have found a couple of plugins, but I am a WordPress novice, and I basically screwed up my themes. If you are interested, please let me know what the estimated cost would be. Thanks! Tiffany

braddalton
    Participant

Yes i do Tiffany and i have developed several portfolio style category archives page which display featured images from each post in a category, side by side.

Here’s a very basic example without much styling http://wpsites.net/portfolio/

Send me a email explaining exactly what you want and i’ll give you a quote brad@wpsites.net

ththompson331
    Participant

Thanks very much! I really only need the side by side on the homepage. I will shoot you an email!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.