Minimum Childtheme Home Page Customization

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Childtheme Home Page Customization

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

HenryS
    Participant

Hi:
    Is there a way to display excerpts of Page Contents found in the two columns of the Minimum Demo site instead of posts excerpts?

I’d like to replace the posts “Sample Post With an Ordered List” “Sample Post with Threaded Comment” etc. to display Pages of my site instead of Posts contents. For example “Meet The Crew” “Our Boats” etc.

Any suggestion and help will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Henry

• This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  HenryS.
    • This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  HenryS.
    http://henrysy.me/makana/

cdils
    Participant

Hi Henry,

I’ll give you a short hack and a long answer. Take both with a grain of salt. :)

Hack (a.k.a. Easy, but I might get shot by someone for recommending this method):

Create a corresponding post for each page you want to feature on the home page and REDIRECT that post to your page using the Yoast SEO plugin, or some other.

Long answer (a.k.a. The “right” way but requires programming)

Create a couple of new widget areas and use the Genesis Featured page widget to display your stuff and remove the Genesis grid loop.

The second way is better, but would require more work. So there you have it! :)

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.