Minimum, Custom Post Type called Portfolio- missing

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Minimum, Custom Post Type called Portfolio- missing

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  weezieb 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

weezieb
    Participant

While setting up Minimum using the Tutorial I came across this line “In Minimum, we have added a special Custom Post Type called Portfolio. In the dashboard admin area of WordPress, find the Portfolio menu item.”

I don’t have this area in my Dashboard. To make sure I wasn’t missing something I completely reloaded my WP in my host from scratch. Still nothing. Suggestions?

http://69.89.31.140/~sealyonc/heatherfoster/portfolio

ramseyp
    Participant

If Minimum is installed and selected as your active theme, You should have, in the WordPress main menu, “Portfolio”, right after “Comments” and before “Genesis”. If you don’t see that menu item, something’s off.

weezieb
    Participant

Hi! That’s what I don’t understand. When I first started working on this site I was using the Stretch theme. I decided to switch to Minimum so that I can use the Minimum portfolio on my Stretch theme site. I wanted to see how it worked when it was active. When I switched to Minimum I realized I already had a category titled ‘Portfolio’ so I was worried that was the conflict. After trying a few attempts to fix this I ended up going to my host and reinstalling WordPress on this site. I wiped it totally clean. I then reinstalled Genesis, then Minimum. Still no “Portfolio” section on my dashboard. Any suggestions on what else I should do?

weezieb
    Participant

Hi! I went back to downloads and re-downloaded Minimum then reinstalled it, deleting my old install. Worked. Not sure what was wrong with the first zipped file. Glad it is working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.