Minimum Header Issues

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Header Issues

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

justin324
    Participant

Hi,

I have 2 questions:

Im trying to style my header to look more like briangardner.com but when my page breaks around 1024px there is white space on both sides of my header. [side note: its weird that brains theme doesn't break at the same places as mine even though they are using the same child theme]

How do i make the header color the same regardless of the browser window size?

Also, when i try to increace the min-height of my header to 80px (like briangardner.com) all of the text is horizontally aligned to the top instead of aligned to the center. How can i increase the min height of my header and have the title/navigation remain horizontally centered?

Thanks for your help

Justin

URL

http://thinkaboutfitness.com

justin324
    Participant

looks like brian is no longer using the minimum theme. must have changed it today.

justin324
    Participant

can i get some help?

cdils
    Participant

Hi Justin,

If you want to change the min-height of your #header, you can add in margins to your title area and header right widget area to push it to vertical alignment. For example

#header {

min-height: 100px;

}

#title-area, #header .widget-area {

margin-top: 20px;

}

As for your header background color, I’m not seeing any breaks at high-resolution. Maybe you already fixed that?

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

justin324
    Participant

The header background color breaks with the page brake. It happens when the logo text breaks to two lines.

justin324
    Participant

When i try what you suggested it breaks the responsive features.

justin324
    Participant

figured it out. had to add width:100% to the header in the responsive section. and add padding.

Looking forward to em’s and rem”s in the upcoming genisis update. more responsive = better!

cdils
    Participant

Ah, glad you got it figured! Yes, anxiously awaiting the release of 1.9.

If you’re on Google+, check out the Genesis WP community at https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/113206330486200023679. It’s a good place to lurk & learn as well as ask for help.

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Minimum Header Issues’ is closed to new replies.