Minimum Pro – Adding Section Divider On Front Page?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Pro – Adding Section Divider On Front Page?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  neomatrix321 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

neomatrix321
    Blocked

Studiopress Community,

I just recently recreated my website with the new Minimum Pro theme. I have been trying to figure out how to add the line element to different sections of the website like it appears on the Minimum Pro homepage. I simply cannot figure it out, so I need your help Studiopress Forum.

The element that I am referring to can be found on the Minimum homepage. Click this link to go to the demo page.

I am referring to the small spacing line between the 4 social media icons and the blog post section (sample post with threaded comments).

I would like to use that line spacing in different sections throughout the website to keep a uniform dividing of information look.

Thank you so much in advance for your help! You guys/gals of this forum are some of the most talented and supportive members that exist.

http://demo.studiopress.com/minimum/

Robin
    Participant

These are the lines in the demo’s css that create that divider:

/* Site Containers
    --------------------------------------------- */

.home-featured {
    	border-bottom: 5px solid #f5f5f5;
    	margin-bottom: 60px;
    	margin-bottom: 6rem;
    	padding: 40px 0;
    	padding: 4rem 0;
    } 

Hope that points you in a direction.

Need help customizing your website? Let me know at RKW Media.

I’m taking up The Challenge by answering some of the Unanswered Posts.

scotm
    Participant

That line is simply a border in your css file. Look for a 5px border or something to that effect for .home-featured in your style.css file.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  scotm.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  scotm.

neomatrix321
    Blocked

Scotm or Robin,

Is this only available to be used on the homepage/frontpage through widgets?

If not, how would i go about calling that in a different page besides the homepage?

For example, lets say i create an “About” page and want to divide apart sections with that border, how would something like this be accomplished?

Thanks you for your quick responses!

neomatrix321
    Blocked

Is this even possible to call in HTML?

I have been stumped by this for the better part of a week now.

Robin
    Participant

Here are two alternative ways to accomplish this:

Plugin

http://www.wpexplorer.com/symple-shortcodes/

or

Html

http://www.web-source.net/html_customizing_horizontal_rules.htm#.UjiPNMZOPAk

Need help customizing your website? Let me know at RKW Media.

I’m taking up The Challenge by answering some of the Unanswered Posts.

neomatrix321
    Blocked

Robin,

That plug-in was very neat (i will be using it for other aspects) but the styling isn’t quite the same as in the minimum pro theme.

Also, the HTML source you listed concludes with the same results.

Both work to create borders, but they don’t look the same as the minimum pro.

You seem to know your way around HTML and CSS, what would i place in a page to get the exact same border as the minimum pro theme?

These are both REALLY close, but not exact. You are being extremely helpful though, you are really close to solving this one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.