Minimum Pro Design Questions

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Pro Design Questions

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rooster.
    Participant

Hello!

This is my first post!

I am working with the Min Pro theme and am looking for some support in doing the following things:

1. setting the BG pic right… what are the dimensions? cant seem to find that info anywhere.
    2. How can I change the BG colour of the page from white to black and the the text colour to black/gray to white? Where can I find this in the css?
    3. the site description font is too big for me. Where can I change that in the css? I tried the .site-description but no go.
    4. how/where can I change the site title to not be in caps?

Sorry if these questions are super remedial… all things are a learning process.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

jbculp
    Participant

I just purchased this theme so my response won’t be comprehensive. Here are my quick thoughts:

1. The theme has an instructions link in your mystudiopress page where you did the download. According to that tutorial the BG image is set in wordpress appearence/background and because there is jquery magic going on in the background you are not supposed to have to configure the image… it fits it all by itself with a class=backstreatch. I tried it and am not getting the results I want to there clearly is more to learn here.

2. BG color is going to be in the CSS. Easiest way to find it is to install firebug in Firefox browser and highlight the area. (use the element inspector – blue rectangle with arrow on it). The element names will appear in the console. Change them in a working copy of your style.css and FTP them up to the site. I always make a backup of the style.css and work on my copy in a folder called “revised”. Drill around the age and you’ll identify all the bits you need to re-color.

3. Fonts cal also be found in style.css. Body font is in the css around line 154. h1 – h6 sizes begin around line 254.

4. Site title in css at line 997. remove text-transform: uppercase;

Hope that helps. Wish I could help more with #1

jc

rooster.
    Participant

jbculp you’re awesome! THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH!!!!

John
    Participant

Nice work, John!

John Sundberg | blackhillswebworks.com
    A WordPress developer’s toolbox: Firebug | WordPress Codex | Google ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.