Minimum Pro: Paypal donate button being forced will site width? Huge & Pixelated

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Minimum Pro: Paypal donate button being forced will site width? Huge & Pixelated

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

peripatew
    Participant

I’m definitely not a CSS pro. I’ve been searching around trying to find an answer to this, but can’t! I’m using a simple paypal donate button here: http://lukemcfadden.com/paypal-test/ It’s getting resized to match the width of the page. When I look at the CSS via Inspect Element in Chrome, I see that it’s getting 100%. I can uncheck that, and it goes to normal, but I’m not sure where and what to put in my stylesheet to make this happen.

Thanks for the help!

http://lukemcfadden.com/paypal-test/http://lukemcfadden.com/paypal-test/

nutsandbolts

Search within your stylesheet for “input, select,” and you should see the same CSS rule you were changing with Chrome’s Inspector. Remove the width: 100%; line from that rule and your Paypal button should go back to its normal size.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

deck2deck
    Participant

Never mind — problem apparently solved?

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  deck2deck.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  deck2deck.

peripatew
    Participant

Andrea,

Thanks for that. I did find that specific reference, and upon removing it, the button is now behaving properly. But, I don’t want this to mess with other functionality within the site. What can I do within the style sheet to remove the width specification just for this particular instance? Here’s the bit from the stylesheet:

/* Forms
    --------------------------------------------- */

input,
    select,
    textarea {
    	background-color: #fff;
    	border: 1px solid #ddd;
    	border-radius: 5px;
    	color: #333;
    	font-family: 'Roboto Slab', serif;
    	font-size: 16px;
    	font-size: 1.6rem;
    	font-weight: 300;
    	padding: 10px;
    	padding: 1rem;
    	width: 100%;
    }

nutsandbolts

You’d have to assign an image class to your Paypal button and use CSS to style it differently than other buttons on the site.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

judith8686

I have the same issue, but when I remove that line of code, the button doesn’t change ;-/

Tom
    Participant

Judith, can you share a link to your site page with the button/image problem?

Choose your next site design from over 300 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.