Minimum Pro: Replace front page post grid with page content?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Minimum Pro: Replace front page post grid with page content?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dsignor 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dsignor
    Participant

I am installing Minimum Pro and love the front page look, but I would love, rather than the grid of latest posts, to display a specific page’s content instead. (Basically, have my widgets and my “display a static page” too!) I am comfortable with editing code, but I don’t often dabble with the Loop, so I’m not sure what to put into the functions.php file, to replace what I commented out. I turned off the grid, but it is still displaying a post (see here.)

Can anyone help? I’m sure it’s something simple, but I’m not sure where to look.

http://dev.norcalhomeinspect.com/

Robin
    Participant

If I understand your question, you should be able to accomplish a specific post/page content and still keep your widgets by going into Dashboard Settings — Reading and select the page or post you want as a static page. Then use the widgets as you normally would.

You do not have to fiddle with the functions.php in order do this.

Need help customizing your website? Let me know at RKW Media.

I’m taking up The Challenge by answering some of the Unanswered Posts.

dsignor
    Participant

You’re right! (I feel dumb now.) Thanks for your help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.