Minimum Pro Theme Customization Help

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Pro Theme Customization Help

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  suzzel 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tomdeane

Hi There,

I am new to the Genesis Framework and very rusty at coding etc, but I am trying to build a new website and am having a bit of trouble getting my head around customizing the Minimum Pro Theme.

Does anyone know how I stop the grey area below the header appearing on each page. In the demo site it is the area that says ‘A Responsive HTML5 Theme’ and ‘view my portfolio’ button.
    Is there a way to either remove this area entirely or have it as different text on each page, so maybe the page title rather than the site tagline as it is currently?

Another thing i would like to do is increase the height of the header bar, so that my logo fits in properly. Is there an easy way to increase the header size so that I can increase the size of my logo?

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Tom

Stensson
    Participant

tomdeane

That great, thanks.

Are you also able to help with the header size and logo size question?

Stensson
    Participant

You can increase the header size in functions.php

//* Add support for custom header
    add_theme_support( ‘custom-header’, array(
    ‘width’ => 320,
    ‘height’ => 60,
    ‘header-selector’ => ‘.site-title a’,
    ‘header-text’ => false
    ) );

tomdeane

Thats great ok, and will this also allow me to have a larger logo, as in the theme at the moment it makes me crop the image when setting it?

Thanks for your help.

Stensson
    Participant

If you set the height and width of your logo in functions.php it won’t be cropped, but you may need to modify your theme’s CSS.

suzzel

Hello, I have a similar problem. I have the Minimum Theme and I need to decrease the amount of space between my header and the slider image. My webite is: http://www.visualizingjoy.com. It looks like I have four rows of space and I would love to cut this in half. Also, is there a way to remove the faint lines in the rows of space?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

P.S I am a “newbie” to wordpress…so any help with showing me the specific code changes would be great!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.