Minimum Theme – Best Practices for Featured Images

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Theme – Best Practices for Featured Images

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eluviis 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

It is using the smaeer image size and you can tell from the HTML source.

Facebook pulling in a different image is a separate issue and unrelated to the image size used as the featured image or thumbnail.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

eluviis
    Participant

Another Edit: So Minimum pulls out of a proper resized image (new smaller file) so long as it is set in the Genesis settings (portfolio, or thumbnail image).

eluviis
    Participant

Another Edit: Genesis pulls out of a smaller resized image (new smaller file) so long as it’s set in the Genesis or WP image settings before image is uploaded. (portfolio image or wp thumbnail image).

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

ANy theme will do this for featured images because WordPress make 3 sizes of images every time you upload, by default.

Theme can change these sizes or display them differently, but it is not specific to Genesis that different images are made.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

eluviis
    Participant

^^^ Thanks, I am aware of that. It’s just that I used to load the images personally in the sizes I needed, because as a photographer, I preferred the better quality of doing the process myself in photoshop. However, I see WordPress has gotten better at downsizing image images. So, I had turned off the feature that crunches images and resaves them. For that reason, Minimum was displaying an HTML resized original image. No bueno. I fixed that today.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.